Twitter has redesigned the user profile pages to add a header on top of the page. The concept is pretty similar to Facebook Timeline cover. Users are already adding some cool Twitter header images to their profiles. Here is all you need to know:
Twitter Header Dimensions:
Width & Height: The minimum dimensions for the header image are: 1252×626 pixels.
Size: The file size should not exceed 5MB
How do I change my Twitter header banner?
It’s pretty straight forward:
Changing Twitter Banner on PC:
- Log in to Twitter with your username & password
- Navigate to Settings and then to Design section. Or simply follow this URL: https://twitter.com/settings/design.
- There you will find an option to change header image. Click on “Change header” button.
- Now browse and select the image that you want to set as your header.
- After uploading the image click on Save changes button.
Changing Twitter Banner from iPhone / iPad app:
- Launch the official Twitter app for iOS.
- Navigate to “Me” tab.
- Tap on settings button and then tap on “Edit profile”.
- Now tap on “header” to choose a photo. You can either choose a photo from gallery or take a new photo using camera.
- Scale the picture and save it.
The selected image will now be set as your Twitter header.