Apple has just released iOS 5.1.1, a minor update that is aimed at fixing some bugs. Apart from bug fixes, there’s nothing much new in this update. There are 2 ways to update to iOS 5.1.1.
- Download iOS 5.1.1 IPSW and restore using iTunes.
- Update to iOS 5.1.1 using OTA updates right from within your device settings.
iOS 5.1.1 OTA Update
If you opt for OTA update, you will just have to download around 50 MB as its an incremental update. To update using OTA method:
- Make sure you are connected to a WiFi.
- Pick up your device and go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Your device will check if there are any updates available and will show the updates to you.
- Tap on “Download and Install” to start the process.
iOS 5.1.1 9B206 IPSW Direct Download Links
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 GSM / iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 3 3G / Verizon iPad 3 / AT&T iPad 3
- iPad 2 / Verizon iPad 2 / AT&T iPad 2 / iPad2,4
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPod Touch 3G
After downloading the specific IPSW file for your device, launch iTunes and restore the IPSW on your device. Make sure to take backup before you upgrade.