Facebook is buying Instagram. If you are among the users who are outraged on hearing this and want to switch away from the app, here are some of the cool Instagram alternates that offer very much the same functionality:
1. Hipster for Android, iOS
Hipster has cool filters like Instagram to customize your photos. In addition to that, you can add text to any photo to make it look like a postcard. You can then share photos with your friends and family. Here are some of the cool features of the app:
- Choose your postcard style from 10 gorgeous themes.
- Share your postcards on Facebook and Twitter.
- Keep track of where your friends are and what they are doing.
- View the most interesting postcards that were sent from your location.
- Tag the friends who are in your postcards.
It’s available for iPhone / iPad and Android devices for FREE!
2. Hipstamatic for iOS ($1.99)
This app not only looks much similar to Instagram but also offers some added features that you won’t find in Instagram app. You can order analog prints of any photo from within the app. It also lets you add cool effects to your photos and share them with the world. Here are some of the features:
- Swap lenses, flashes, and films for hundreds of different effects
- Instantly share your best prints to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, and Tumblr
- Enter our monthly photo contests to win amazing prizes
- Order real analog prints delivered to your door, right from the app
3. Picplz (Android + iOS)
While waiting for Instagram app, many of Android users found solace in picplz for Android. This simple image sharing service lets you share pictures with on popular social networks. The app is available for Android as well as for iOS.
4. Lightbox for Android
Lightbox for Android is another photo sharing service that lets you add effects to your photos and share them on Facebook, Twitter or on lightbox.com. Here are some of the features:
- Enhance your photos -Apply effects to your photos to make them beautiful or to create a retro camera look.
- Share with friends – Easily post your photos to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, and Foursquare.
- View your photos online – If you sign up for a Lightbox account, your photos will be automatically uploaded to Lightbox.com and you can view them from any web browser.
- Control your privacy – You can make your photos public, share them only with friends, or keep them completely private.
- Publish your own photo blog – Photos you make public will be posted to your own attractive Lightbox photo blog.
- Join the Lightbox community – Follow and interact with friends and creative people from around the world.